2009 Summer Project Week DWI / DTI QC and Prepare Tool: DTIPrep
- UNC: Zhexing Liu, Heather Cody Hazlett, Martin Styner
- Utah: Casey Goodlett, Guido Gerig, Tom Fletcher
We are developing a GUI/command line tool for DWI/DTI QC and preparation.
- Both a GUI and command line tool
- "Study-specific Protocol" based
- Handles NRRD and MINC2 formats
- Image/diffusion information check
- Padding/Cropping of data
- Slice-wise, interlace-wise and gradient-wise intensity and motion check
- Motion/Eddy current correction
- DTI computing
The tool allows a "protocol" based execution via parameter files. The parameter file contains all the settings/preferences/options and can be created using the tool's GUI. This tool performs automated quality control, correct data if possible, possibly reject parts of the data and provide a reporting facility.
Our plan for the project week is to:
- Add MINC2 support
- Tune intergrations with other tools
- Separate command-line tools for DWI QC has been uploaded into UNC NeuroLib ($NeuroLib/Applications/DWIQC)
- DWIQCSliceChecker: for slice-wise intensity-related artifacts detection and gradient exclusion(optimized for both single and multiple b-valued DWIs).
- DWIQCInterlaceChecker: for interlace-wise Venetian blind artifacts detection and gradient exclusion(optimized for both single and multiple b-valued DWIs).
- DWIQCGradientChecker: for gradient-wise motion artifacts detection and gradient exclusion.
- DWIBaselineAverager: for optimized multiple-b0 volumes average in a nrrd DWI file(optimizing is base on either all b0 volumes or all DW volumes).
- DTIPrep will be updated soon with the upper new DWI QC tools to give better QC quality and more flexibility to the DWI/DTI QC/Prep pipeline.
- Discussed with Ran(U. Utah) the improvement of her eddy-current and motion artifact correction tool.
- I am still struggling with MINC2 :(.