2012 Summer Project Week:DicomToNrrd
- Iowa: Kent Williams, Hans Johnson
Revise and refactor the DicomToNrrd program to build properly with ITK 4.1. Enhance it to accept a wider variety of DICOM Diffusion Weighted Images.
The program needs to be compliant with DCMTK version that will be in future Slicer versions.
Starting from the original DIcomToNrrd program (as it exists in the Slicer3/Slicer4 source code), modify the program to satisfy the following goals:
Make it compatible with ITK 4. The old version made direct calls to GDCM version 1 APIs, and ITK 4 incorporates GDCM 2, which is not compatible.
Re-write the existing code to be more readable and maintainable.
Add more regression tests, incorporating new test images that were not readable with the old version of DicomToNRRD.
Prepare for DCMTK integration by using system version of DCMTK
Intial goals for this project are complete.
- The program successfully reads all test images as the earlier ITK3-only version of DicomToNrrd.
- It can also handle several image 'flavors' that caused the earlier version to fail.
- Test images contributed by the Slicer community have been added to the testing data corpus, which is stored on MIDAS (http://midas.kitware.com)
New goals have made progress, but have not been finalized
This work will be delivered to the NA-MIC Kit as a (please select the appropriate options by noting YES against them below)
- ITK Module - NO
- Slicer Module
- Built-in - NO
- Extension -- commandline - YES
- Extension -- loadable - NO