2012 Winter Project Week:FastInterpolation
- Ivan Kolesov : Georgia Institute of Technology
- Greg Sharp : MGH
- Allen Tannenbaum : Boston University
- Goal: Create a deformable registration approach for computing large deformations(e.g. in the presence of abnormalities, between different patients)
- A stochastic registration algorithm has been implemented.
- Bottleneck is performing image interpolation quickly.
- Take advantage of the structure of deformation (parameterized deformation field).
- Perform approximate interpolation.
- Make algorithmic improvements to allow for large 3D datasets to be used.