ITK Affine Invariant Anisotropic Smoothing Image Filter
This ITK filter is an affine-invarient anisotropic smoothing filter.
PJ Olver, G Sapiro, A Tannenbaum. "Invariant geometric evolutions of surfaces and volumetric smoothing." 1994.
I'd like to remove noise from an image while preserving edges and I would like the result to be invariant to an affine transformation. This means that if I take an image and its sheared version, and I apply the filter to both images, I should get the same result when I compare the original smoothed image and the smooth sheared image after it is unsheared.
Initial Status before Programming Week (jan 2006)
- implemented in Matlab
Current Status after Programming Week (jan 2006)
- Implemented itkAffineInvariantCurvatureFlowImageFilter.h/.txx (in Code/Algorithms) as well as AffineInvariantCurvatureFlowImageFilter.cxx example (in Examples/Filtering)
- checked in to the sandbox under AffineInvariantCurvatureFlow
- Restrict the filter to 2D
- Write and submit Insight journal
- Test the code on a sheared image to demonstrate the effect of affine invariance
Core 1 Team
John Melonakos - Georgia Tech
Delphine Nain - Georgia Tech
Core 2 Team
Jim Miller (GE)