Home < Core1-3-meeting-2006
- History: During MICCAI we (Ron Kikinis, Guido Gerig, Ross Whitaker, Polina Golland, Jim Miller, Tina Kapur, Martin Styner) discussed plans for the current year of NA-MIC. Given that this is the last year for the current participants in Core 3, we need to plan specific activities.
- We will have an information exchange between Core 1 and Core 3 to discuss
- a) clinical hypothesis and image analysis questions,
- b) refined existing and new data sets related to a) and
- c) refined and new algorithms available and ready to meet requirements of a) and b). Emphasis will be on the question what actions to take that will result in NA-MIC clinical application science papers especially w.r.t. the "low hanging fruits" discussed at the AHM.
- The venue is the conference room on the second floor of our 1249 Boylston Street Facility (directions) in Boston on October 17 between 9.30am and 3pm.
- Nancy Maxwell will be waiting downstairs to let you in the building. Call her at 617 525 6105 if she is not there.
- 09.30am Begin
- Intro: Ron
- Core 3: Discussion of newly available data (moderated by Martha Shenton & Andy Saykin)
- Core 1: Discussion of algorithms and processing capabilities that candidates in this effort (moderated by Ross Whitaker & Guido Gerig).
- Identify specific analyses that should be initiated now. Specify teams, interactions and timetables (moderated by Ron Kikinis).
- 03.00pm Adjourn
- UF: 2 ROI tractography analysis with mean FA measures, doDTI ... submitted to Brain.
- CF: previously defined ROIs, tractography with behavioral Stroop data, doDTI ... submitted to Archives of General Psychiatry.
- AF: Registration of Susumu Mori’s atlas to our cases. Slicer Nonlinear FA to FA. No results. Need better registration.
- CC: (1) Tractography. Fibers seeded in one slice CC ROI. Automated fiber clustering results in ROI color coded based on fiber clustering (Slicer, MIT Collaboration).
(2) Atlas based approach warping a CC subdivision to individual cases (UNC Collaboration).
- ALIC: Work in progress. Tractography from anterior and posterior limb of the internal capsule. Slicer
- STG: Mean FA, mean diffusivity within ROI defined on SPGR Slicer ... submitted to Biological Psychiatry.
Core 3 Wishes
- Inter-subject diffusion to diffusion registration.
- Intra- and inter-subject co-registration of structural, diffusion and functional MRI.
- DWI/tensor/fiber smoothing.
- Fiber asymmetry computation.
- Fiber registration.
- Tractography of white matter structures seeded in gray matter areas.
- 3T artifact removal.
- Segmentation of temporal lobe and basal ganglia.
- Anatomical atlas for white and gray matter.
List of Participants
- Core 1
- Polina Golland, MIT
- Guido Gerig, UNC
- Ross Whitaker, UTAH
- John Melonakos, Georgia Tech
- Dennis Jen, MGH
- Doug Greve, MGH
- Core 3
- Martha Shenton, PNL
- Marek Kubicki, PNL
- Sylvain Bouix, PNL
- Marc Niethammer, PNL
- Andy Saykin, Dartmouth
- John West, Dartmouth
- Other Cores
- Ron Kikinis, SPL
- Randy Gollub, MGH and Core 5
- Steve Pieper, Core 2 and 6
- Brad Davis, Kitware