Back to NA-MIC Cores
The main objective of the Dissemination team is to facilitate communication within NA-MIC and from NA-MIC to the broader research community.
Members of our team:
Tina Kapur, PhD, BWH
Steven Pieper, PhD, Isomics Inc
This page provides a list of completed dissemination activities in NAMIC. Future activities can be found here.
Year 7 (August 2010-July 2011)
- June 20-24, 2011: Project Event #13
- January 10-14, 2011: Project Event #12
- Dissemination Progress Update (Year 7)
Year 6 (August 2009-July 2010)
- June 21-25, 2010: Project Event #11
- January 4-8, 2010: Project Event #10
- Dissemination Progress Update (text) for Year 6
Year 5 (August 2008-July 2009)
- June 22-26, 2009: Project/Programming Event (JOINT w/ other grants) #9
- January 5-9, 2009: Project/Programming Event #8
- December 8-12 2008, Slicer IGT Programming Event (Joint w/ NCIGT)
Year 4 (August 2007-July 2008)
- June 23-27, 2008: Project/Programming Event #7
- June 16-17, 2008: Training Event in Germany
- April 14, 2008: Full day Slicer 3 Users and Plug-in Workshop hosted by UNC-Chapel Hill faculty
- March 12, 2008: Steve Pieper presented on the NA-MIC Kit and 3D Slicer at the Johns Hopkins CISST ( Slides)
- January 7-11, 2007: Project/Programming Event #6
- December 12-14, 2007, Slicer IGT Programming Event
- Nov 2, 2007: Third Annual Open Source Workshop at MICCAI
Year 3 (August 2006-July 2007)
- June 25-29, 2007: Project/Programming Event #5
- January 10/12, 2007: Project/Programming Event #4
- October 19-20 2006, NCIGT and NA-MIC Workshop on Open System Architectures for Image-Guided Therapy
- MICCAI_2006 October 1, 2006: Open Source Workshop at MICCAI 2006, Copenhagen
- 2007 AHM Dissemination Update
- Dissemination Progress Update (text) for Year 3
- Dissemination Timeline, Updated in Year 3
Year 2 (August 2005-July 2006)
- Dissemination Progress Update (text) for Year 2
- Dissemination Progress Update (ppt slides) for Year 2 - presented at AHM 2006
- Programming Event at AHM 2006, Salt Lake City, Utah
- October 5-7, 2005: Advanced ITK and Slicer Workshop at EPFL. October 5-7, 2005.
- October 30, 2005: ISC and NA-MIC Workshop on Open Source Toolkits, Applications, and their uses in Medical Image Analysis at MICCAI
- Jan 8, 2006: Workshop on Day 0 of the Second All-Hands-Meeting in Salt Lake City, Utah
- Jan 11-12-13 The Second Programming Week. Salt Lake City, Utah
- Summer 2006. Programming Week#2 at MIT
Year 1 (August 2004-July 2005)
- Dissemination Progress Update for Year 1 - this was submitted to NIH
- July 19, 2005: Visit to UCLA CCB
- June 27-July 1, 2005. Programming Week in Boston
- March 23,2005: User Tutorials for Slicer in Conjunction with the fBIRN retreat
- March 14, 2005:TCON between Training and Dissemination Cores to discuss Slicer User Training
- Feb 20-22, 2005 AHM in SLC
- Feb 18, 2005. Presentation to Stanford NCBC (Simbios) to discuss possible collaborations and common software development efforts. Steve Pieper and Ron Kikinis presented to the group and met with Simbios PIs and researchers all day.
- Feb 17-18, 2005 Dissemination Workshop at UCSD
- Jan 26, 2005. Slicer User Workshop at BWH: Information for Atendees
- Jan 24-25, 2005. Dissemination Workshop at Agenda, List of Participants, Attendee Feedback
- Jan 13-14,2005. Visit to UNC
- Jan 12,2005. Visit to GATech
- Jan 10,2005. Visit to Utah
- Dec 15,2004: Met with team at UCSD. Observed demos of research and development on BIRN and how the database infrastructure will be used for NAMIC.
- Dec 9-10, 2004: Dissemination Workshop at SPL, BWH:Agenda, Presentations, List of Participants, Summary, Feedback
- Nov 18,2004: Met with Core 5 PI at MGH.
- Identified items of interest to both dissemination and training efforts in the first set of events.
- Concluded that for the first year, both dissemination and training events can be covered in single event. Beyond the first year, training will continue to focus on the NA-MIC community, while dissemination will be responsible for the academic community outside NAMIC.
- Discussed the inclusion of a web-based fmri tutorial in the initial dissemination events.
- Nov 18,2004, Met with Core 1 PIs and students at MIT. Discussed the content of the NA-MIC kit, showed Wiki, and obtained feedback that a session on ITK would be useful.
- Nov 17,2004: Met with teams at two core 1 sites (MIT, MGH) and received preliminary feedback on content of NA-MIC Kit Version0.
- Nov 16,2004: Dissemination Kickoff Meeting Agenda and Summary