The 3D Interactive Visualization of DICOM Images with Slicer course is offered by the National Alliance for Medical Image Computing (NA-MIC) in conjunction with the Neuroimage Analysis Center (NAC) and the National Center for Image Guided Therapy (NCIGT) at the 94th Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA 2008). As part of the outreach missions of these NIH funded National Centers, we have developed an offering of freely available, multi-platforms open source software to enable medical image analysis research. The course along with the visualization dataset and patient dataset aim to introduce translational clinical scientists to the capabilities of the 3D Slicer software.
Radiology Residents and Fellows and others who are interested in medical image computing
The learning objectives of the workshop are (a) to enhance interpretation of DICOM images through the use of 3D visualization, (b) to gain experience with interactive assessment of complex anatomical structures (c) to present current directions of open-source computer graphics applications in Radiology. After completion of the workshop, participants will be able to visualize and analyze their own datasets within the 3DSlicer platform. Features that will be used include 3D Data Loading and Visualization, the Lightbox capabilities, Scene snapshots and Interactive Editing.
The course will include a tour of the DICOM/PACS resources available within Slicer, as well as an overview of training materials for advanced image analysis such as automatic segmentation of Brain MRI images, and Diffusion Tensor Imaging.
- Sonia Pujol, Ph.D., Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Kitt Shaffer, M.D., Ph.D.,Boston University Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Randy Gollub, M.D., Ph.D., Massachusetts General Hospital,Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Kathryn Hayes, M.S.E, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- Date: Monday December 1, 2008
- Time: 1-2:30pm
- Location: S401CD, McCormick Place, Chicago, Illinois
Back to NA-MIC events