Back to ARRA main page
Back to Registration main page
Registration Use-case Inventory
- the main components: transform, similarity function, optimization, interpolation
- coordinate systems: physical vs. image space, RAS vs. LPI etc.
- relevant image meta-data: image/axis orientation, image/CS origin, voxel size, dynamic range
- overview of scenarios and their different challenges: image pairings, DOF, multi-modal, intra/inter-subject etc.
- how to evaluate a match: tools & concepts
- common mistakes to avoid: inappropriate DOF, overly flat similarity metric, CS inconsistencies, FOV discrepancies, wrong interpolation, insufficient search (sample points, multi-scale, DOF scale-space)
- Troubleshooting guide: insufficient match - what next? Parameter modification, DOF change, initial alignment assist, fiducial help, ROI masking (e.g. skull stripping)
- tutorials (tutorial sets) should provide a slicer snapshot for which operation is tested, so user can resort if incompatibilities/version issues arise.
Coordinate Systems / Image Orientation