3D Visualization Workshop
The learning objectives of the workshop are to understand the basic functions of slicer in the context of image guided therapy, open igt link, programming methods to develop customized interface panel in Slicer.
The participants are expected to have account in SVN account for Intelligent-SI project. Programming environment - Compilation environment for Slicer including appropriate compiler and SVN client.
- Nobuhiko Hata, Ph,D, Associate Professor of Radiology, Brigham and Women's Hospital
Logistics and Registration
- Date: Tuesday June 16, 2009
- Time: 10AM - 5:30 PM
- Location: Nagoya Institute of Technology
- Participants are required to come with their own computer (PC, Linux or MacOS) with a 3D Slicer compiled (see below for instruction).
- Bring your own lunch and snacks.
- 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM Noby Hata arrives.
- 11:30 PM - 12:00 PM Introduction to Slicer in IGT (slide).
- 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Lunch on your own. Confirming compilation, SVN co/ci.
- 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM OpenIGTLink I/F converting STL model,joint, vtkModel (understanding MRML)
- 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM OpenIGTLink custom software, changing MRML and model property based on OpenIGTLink input (sphere changing color)
- 4:30 PM - 6:00 PM Customized GUI, skeleton generator, loadable module
- 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Hata-Mori-Hayashi meeting on BrainLab-Slicer integration
- 7:00 PM PM Noby Hata leaves to Nagoya Airport
- The workshop is a series of hands-on sessions. Please complete the following tasks in advance of the workshop.
- Please allow yourself ample preparation time. Depending on network connection and configuration of your laptop it may take anywhere from 10 to 60 minutes to complete these download and installation tasks.
- The following components of the NA-MIC kit will be used during the workshop.
- 1. Slicer3: software application
- 2. Datasets: pre-computed MR datasets
- Please follow the instruction at http://www.slicer.org/slicerWiki/index.php/Slicer3:Build_Instructions#Building_the_3.4_release, check out the latest slicer from the SVN repository, and compile 3D Slicer.
- Go to Slicer Training page http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/Slicer3.2:Training and finish the following tutorials.
- 1.1 Data Loading and 3D Visualization in Slicer3
- 1.3 Manual segmentation with 3D Slicer
- 1.4 Affine and Deformable Registration in Slicer 3
- "svn co https://www.nitrc.org/svn/slicer3examples/trunk/Slicer3ExampleModules Slicer3ExampleModules"
Please contact the Slicer Users mailing list for support and questions related to the software.
Back to Events