Stanford 2008 Slicer Workshop
This workshop is an introduction to the Slicer3 software platform, part of the National Alliance for Medical Imaging Computing (NA-MIC) open-source toolkit. Participants will learn how to use Slicer3 for image analysis and 3D visualization, and how to integrate external programs with the open-source software. The workshop provides a 1/2 day end-user session geared for all levels, followed by a 1/2 day programming session geared for developers.
- Sonia Pujol, Ph.D., Surgical Planning Laboratory, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School.
- Steve Pieper, Ph.D., Isomics Inc.
- Kathryn Hayes, M.S.E., Surgical Planning Laboratory, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School.
- Morning Session - User and Developer Workshop - 9 am - 12 pm
- 9:00 am - 9:15 am Preliminary session: Software and data installation trouble shooting
- 9:15 am - 9:45 am Overview of NA-MIC (Steve Pieper)
- 9:45 am - 10:00 am Slicer3 and the NA-MIC Toolkit (Sonia Pujol)
- 9:45 am - 10:45 am Hands-on Session 1: 3D Data Loading and Visualization (Sonia Pujol)
- 10:45 am - 11:00 am Coffee-break
- 11:00 am - 11:45 am Hands-on Session 2: Data Saving (Sonia Pujol)
- 11:45 am - 12:15 pm Demos and Discussion (Daniel Rubin)
- 12:15 pm - 2:00 pm Lunch
- Afternoon Session - Developer Workshop - 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
- 2:00 pm - 2:30 pm: Introduction to the Execution model in Slicer3 (Sonia Pujol)
- 2:30 pm - 4:00 pm : Integrating the NA-MIC kit with an external program (Part 1) (Sonia Pujol)
- 4:00 pm - 4:15 pm : Coffee break
- 4:15 pm - 5:15 pm : Integrating the NA-MIC kit with an external program (Part 2) (Sonia Pujol)
- 5:15 pm - 5:30 pm : Panel Discussion and Conclusion
- Date: Wednesday September 3, 2008
- Location: Stanford University Medical Center: Room M112, Alway Building. Driving Directions - Parking and Transit Options
- Visitor Parking Information at Stanford
To sign-up for this event, please send an e-mail with the subject line Stanford 2008 Workshop to Sonia Pujol, Ph.D. (spujol at bwh.harvard.edu) with the following elements
- contact information: name, title, affiliation and address
- category: user or developer,
- laptop characteristics: OS, RAM, Processor
Please complete the following items in advance of the workshop.
- If you have registered as a end-user (morning only), please complete the User Prerequisites
- If you have registered as a programmer (morning and afternoon), please complete the Developer Prerequisites
Please contact the Slicer Users mailing list for support and questions related to the software.