NA-MIC/Projects/Slicer3 for IGT/Converting vtkFMRIEngine and vtkMRAblation to Slicer3 modules
Our goal in 3D Slicer Engineering for Image Guided Therapy (IGT) is adapt the 3D Slicer to IGT and explore the added value and clinical impact only available by integrating state-of-art medical image in IGT and developing new IGT-Slicer.
- We have transferred IGT-specific features from the previous IGT-Slicer (version 1.x) to new IGT-Slicer (based on Slicer version 2.6 but tailored to IGT). The old IGT-Slicer had been maintained separately from the core Slicer activities and tested in MRI-guided therapies. We tried to bring the advanced medical image processing algorithms available only in Slicer 2.6 to IGT-Slicer and performed feasibility studies to explore the clinical significance of them in the context of IGT.
- We have added MR thermometry module for MRI-guided ablation therapies such as interstitial laser therapy and focused ultrasound therapy.
- From the execution model or KWWidgets, we probably need the following support:
- Multiple input volumes and multiple output volumes at execution time
- If possible, tabbed interface layout for vtkFMRIEngine module which has a long GUI
- GUI screen shots from fMRIEngine module (Slicer2.6)
- BWH: Noby Hata, Haiying Liu,
- Isomics: Steve Pieper
- GE Research: Jim Miller