2011 Summer Project Week DVH
- MGH: Greg Sharp, Nadya Shusharina
- Isomics: Steve Pieper
- Queens: Csaba Pinter
- BWH: Tina Kapur
Dose Volume Histograms in Slicer
A dose volume histogram (DVH) is a tool used in radiation oncology to evaluate and compare treatment plans for safety and efficacy. Plastimatch currently has the capability to generate dose volume histograms, however this capability is not available in Slicer.
In order to use the plastimatch DVH, it will be necessary to store the information about the structure names (available at time of structure load) for later retrieval. We will attempt to store this information in the ITK image metadata.
Lots of success on this project!
- Created a new Slicer 4 loadable module, add to plastimatch project svn
- Create VTK chart widget with DVH data, display char in module GUI, draw DVH curves in chart
- The plugin can load a DVH from CSV-formatted file and display
- The plugin builds and links to plastimatch, and calls plastimatch DVH compute engine. However, this part does not yet work.
This work will be delivered to the NAMIC Kit as a
- Slicer command line module