2011 Winter Project Week:The Vascular Modeling Toolkit in 3D Slicer
- UPenn: Daniel Haehn, Kilian Pohl
- Rutgers: M. Gokhan Uzunbas
- Orobix, Italy: Luca Antiga
- SPL: Steve Pieper, Ron Kikinis
The Vascular Modeling Toolkit (VMTK) is a collection of libraries and tools for 3D reconstruction, geometric analysis, mesh generation and surface data analysis for image-based modeling of blood vessels.
Several 3D Slicer extensions already exist and provide VMTK functionality in Slicer3.
We want to investigate how to include the VMTK in 3D Slicer functionality in the upcoming Slicer4 application. This should include several enhancements to the existing user interfaces.
This work will be delivered to the NA-MIC Kit as a (please select the appropriate options by noting YES against them below)
- ITK Module
- Slicer Module
- Extension -- commandline
- Extension -- loadable [X]
- Other (Please specify)
- Antiga L, Piccinelli M, Botti L, Ene-Iordache B, Remuzzi A and Steinman DA. An image-based modeling framework for patient-specific computational hemodynamics. Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing, 46: 1097-1112, Nov 2008.
- D. Hähn. Integration of the vascular modeling toolkit in 3d slicer. SPL, 04 2009. Available online at http://www.spl.harvard.edu/publications/item/view/1728.
- D. Hähn. Centerline Extraction of Coronary Arteries in 3D Slicer using VMTK based Tools. Master's Thesis. Department of Medical Informatics, University of Heidelberg, Germany. Feb 2010.
- Piccinelli M, Veneziani A, Steinman DA, Remuzzi A, Antiga L (2009) A framework for geometric analysis of vascular structures: applications to cerebral aneurysms. IEEE Trans Med Imaging. In press.