2013 Summer Project Week:Slicer RT: DICOM-RT Export
- MGH: Greg Sharp
- PMH Toronto: Kevin Wang
- Queen's: Csaba Pinter
The goal is to migrate the DICOM RT export function in Plastimatch to be able to export the RT objects of SlicerRT, leveraging the Patient Hierarchy tree and the Slicer DICOM Database.
- Investigat the existing DICOM export mechanism.
- Implement simple interface functions in Plastimatch
- Implement a loadable module to utilize the interface functions in Plastimatch for saving DicomRT objects.
- Implement a plugin mechanism just like the Dicom import plugin framework to determine which plugin is better to export the mrmlnode. Decide which objects to export in the first round and identify the obstacles for the other objects
- Have the export function use the Patient Hierarchy to fill the proper DICOM tags
- implemented a prototype loadable module for dicom study export
- now able to export CT, dose and structure set of the example prostate dataset.
create a loadable module and corresponding module logic organize google hangout with Greg to follow up with how to implement dicom export using the plastimatch lib. Implement a save function, and utility functions to construct corresponding plastimatch data structure for saving structure set.
- follow up with Steve and Csaba on how to implement the plugin mechanism
- follow up on patient hierarchy model.
This work will be delivered to the NA-MIC Kit as a Slicer module, as part of the SlicerRT extension