2014 How about the Future
From NAMIC Wiki
Home < 2014 How about the Future
This page contains talking points for the opening session of the NA-MIC AHM 2014 (the last one).
What we have accomplished
- Created an outstanding scientific and engineering community in the field of Medical Image Computing (MIC).
- Investigated novel algorithmic approaches: Particle systems, registration algorithms, segmentation algorithms,
- Created the NA-MIC kit, a free open source platform for MIC.
- Turned 3D Slicer into a platform with worldwide impact.
Where we are today
- Many algorithm papers, prototypes, and tools
- Slicer 4 is a high performance FOSS and will be available for several years
Where we go from here
- Project weeks will continue, as long as there is continued interest by the community.
- Slicer 4 will be maintained as a stable platform.
- The remaining months of NA-MIC funding will be used to simplify the submission of extensions.