2014 How about the Future
From NAMIC Wiki
Revision as of 20:32, 23 December 2013 by Kikinis (Created page with '=Introduction= This page contains talking points for the opening session of the NA-MIC AHM 2014 (the last one). =What we have accomplished= *Created an outstanding scientific an…')
Home < 2014 How about the Future
This page contains talking points for the opening session of the NA-MIC AHM 2014 (the last one).
What we have accomplished
- Created an outstanding scientific and engineering community in the field of Medical Image Computing (MIC).
- Investigated novel algorithmic approaches: Particle systems,
- Created the NA-MIC kit, a free open source platform for MIC.
- Turned 3D Slicer into an industrial-strength interactive platform for subject specific image analysis.
Where we are today
- Many algorithm papers, prototypes, and tools
- Slicer 4 is high performance and will be stable for several years
Where we go from here
- NIH mandated sunset for NA-MIC in June 2014.
- Project weeks will continue, as long as there is continued interest by the community.
- Slicer 4 will be maintained as a stable platform.
- The remaining months of NA-MIC funding will be used to simplfy extension submission.