2014 How about the Future
From NAMIC Wiki
Home < 2014 How about the Future
This page contains talking points for the opening session of the NA-MIC AHM 2014 (the last one).
What we have accomplished
- Created an outstanding scientific and engineering community in the field of Medical Image Computing (MIC).
- Investigated novel algorithmic approaches: Particle systems, registration algorithms, segmentation algorithms,
- Created the NA-MIC kit, a free open source platform for MIC and the basis for 3D Slicer.
- 3D Slicer is today a platform with worldwide impact.
- Robust algorithms for segmentation in the face of anatomical variability: label fusion
- A novel framework for modeling brain connectivity networks
- Robust pipeline for processing clinical brain images
Where we go from here
- Project weeks will continue, as long as there is continued interest by the community.
- Slicer 4 will be maintained as a stable platform.
- The remaining months of NA-MIC funding will be used to simplify the submission of extensions.