2016 Summer Project Week/Guided Ultrasound Calibration
- Elvis Chen (Robarts Research Institute)
- Adam Rankin (Robarts Research Institute)
Ultrasound probe calibration is an active area of research, with many calibration phantoms and numerical algorithms available in the current literature. In the upcoming IPCAI (2016) conference, we present the first ultrasound calibration framework that provides real-time Target Registration Error (TRE) feedback. That is, between successive measurement, our framework suggests the end-user where and how in the US image to collect next phantom measurement so that the TRE is maximally minimized. Refer to the following paper for a detailed description:
Both theoretical experimental results suggest that sub-millimetre TRE can be achieved with 12 measurements.
- A slicer module/GUI for US calibration
- Use PLUS library for data (US image and tracker transforms) acquisition
- port existing C++/VTK code into the slicer environment