2016 Summer Project Week/MRI Manipulator
From NAMIC Wiki
Home < 2016 Summer Project Week < MRI Manipulator
- Scheherazade Kraß
- Integrating/Using OpenIGTLink for the communications of robotic devices:
- The MRI_Manipulator, a 5 DoF robot for performing transrectal prostate biopsies.
- The Kuka LBR robot in MITIGATE, a MeVislab based research project.
- MRI_Manipulator: The system is based on MeVisLab, the robot is controlled with a pneumatic motor via PLC controller, the movement commands are transferred through an Emulator. The goal is making this system working with OpenIGTLink (in Simulation).
- MITIGATE: The overall objective of the EU-project MITIGATE is to develop and validate an integrated closed-loop process to effectively treat metastatic gastrointestinal stromal tumour (GIST) patients resistant to the currently available class of medication. We are involved in WP7 "Minimally Invasive Therapy" and will develop a control software for robot-assisted minimally invasive interventions. There we have to deal with DynaCT images from an interventional Artis Zeego External Link and steer a Kuka LBR External Link robot that holds the interventional device. The gola is to define workflows for robot communications and implement this via OpenIGTLink. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BeerXldDq0
- to be started in the project week.