- Obtaining a better understanding of the PLUS configuration possibilities and capabilities.
- Solidify the current way of MITK-Plus integration on the side of the MITK platform.
- Ensure that the integration is done utilizing the PLUS toolkit optimally.
- Two simple scenarios must be realizable:
- Use PLUS Toolkit to connect to imaging device and stream image data to MITK
- Acquire image data with MITK and use PLUS Toolkit to post-process, then send back the processing result to the MITK.
- Talk to people knowing the PLUS Toolkit.
- Determine current status of integration.
- Find out key weaknesses of current implementation.
- Develop integration strategy.
- With a lot of help from Adam we found out that our desired use cases are supported by the PLUS Toolkit.
- The key weaknesses from within the MITK OIGTL-Client implementation are that receiving multiple different messagetypes at once is not supported at the moment. Also, MITK does not distinguish in receiving images from different devices and displaying them seperately.
- For integration the MITK OIGTL Module must be optimized.
- The following features should be added:
- Sending and Receiving message on multiple ports from multiple modalities.
- Handling messages of the same message type from multiple different devices.
- Being able to receive different message types on the same port.
- Being able to handle large images.
- Having a common OIGTL Client as described in the Tracked Ultrasound Standardization Project would be a great thing to achieve a more solid MITK OIGTL integration.