From NAMIC Wiki
Home < CTSC:ARRA.051810
Back to CTSC:ARRA supplement
Back to CTSC:ARRA supplement
- mi2b2 installation update
- IRB update
- medical image collections at each institution
- granularity of image data transfer
Harvard Catalyst Medical Informatics group Meeting Minutes May 18, 2010
- Shawn Murphy
- Yong Gao
- Randy Gollub
- Chris Herrick
- Valerie Humblet
- Wendy Plesniack
- Paul Lamonica
- Bill Tellier
- Jesse Wei
- Alex Zeitsev
- Charles McGow
- Bill Hanlon
- Ron Kikinis
- Mark Anderson (phone)
- Darren Sack (phone)
- Karl Helmer (phone)
- mi2b2 STAR-D installation site update:
- (CHB) Paul and Chris finished the mi2b2 STAR-D installation on a Windows XP platform and it now logs into the Children's PACS. Paul wrote up the installation instructions, Chris added screenshots and will add it to this wiki page.
- (BIDMC) Jesse is meeting this afternoon with Chris H and BIDMC Radiology IT.
- (BWH) Chris will make an appointment with Kathy to do the BWH install as soon as possible.
- (MGH) Darren Sachs has everything working, he will schedule time with Darren this week for the installation.
- IRB update: Shawn found out that at BIDMC, the i2b2 IRB protocol held by Griffin Webber was just recently approved and is extremely complex. Thus, Griffin's opinion is that it is not the best choice for BIDMC to add this as an amendment. Thus, there will need to be a new IRB protocol submitted. Jesse will be the PI for the protocol and will add Griffin, Chris, Shawn to BIDMC. Bill and Paul still are still working on their CITI training. Charles confirmed that they can then be added to the CHB IRB, held by Dan Nigrin.
- Knowledge discovery of number of separate PACS and medical image collections at each institution: BWH has most comprehensive medical image collection within the management of the Department of Radiology's IT team. It includes cardiac ultrasound, ob/gyn ultrasound, GI, nuclear medicine and more. This is quite different from the situation at the other 3 institutions. Randy and Valerie will finish collecting this information for each site separately, then present the summary to this group. Jesse pointed out that there would be clinical value at BIDMC in setting up the mi2b2 infrastructure for each collection to facilitate access and review of imaging data sets that are outside the main Radiology Department PACS. All present were in agreement. Might be out of scope for this initial ARRA project; however, if there is institutional interest and support we can seek additional resources (e.g. new grants or infrastructure funds) to enable this in the future. We will revisit this in the future.
- Granularity of Image Data transfer: Should mi2b2 retrieves be configured to transfer that medical image data at the study level, series level or image level? Discussed but not resolved.
On going Action Items
- Finish amendments to each site i2b2 IRB to add mi2b2 study personnel