Engineering:September 12, 2007
- 1 Goals
- 2 Plan
- 3 Topics
- 4 Attendees
Catch up on latest developments, set priorities, identify issues. Also brainstorm on competitive renewal.
One day in Clifton Park, 10am to 4pm. Location is theComfort Suites Hotel in Clifton Park, NY. Please go to http://www.kitware.com/profile/Map.pdf for more information.
Boston people can plan for one (somewhat long) day or stay over.
review of the needs of the DBPs
- Structural Pipeline
- bias field correction missing (independent of EM)
- intensity normalization missing
- skull stripping (PNL currently using FSL BET)
- EMSegmentation (still some issues with slicer3 module vs slicer2 -- being worked on, ball in Sylvain's court)
- Unbiased atlas creation (several people working on it, no finished tool yet)
- Diffusion Pipeline
- DICOM to NRRD (general solution would be great if it were possible)
- Eddy Current Correction (also requested by IUPUI; PNL currently using Affine reg in FSL)
- Outlier rejection (Marc is working on automated detection tool)
- Filtering : Rician noise model (LMI tool from Santi)
- Structural Pipeline
- what are roadblocks?
- critical functionality?
- interactive editor
- EM segmenter
- DTI functionality
- data fusion
- NAMIC Kit Overview (as requested by NIH)
- Practical Software Process
Volume rendering in Slicer3
- gui tracing for macros and replay (and for creating tests)?
- file browser multithreading
- access to events from scripting languages
- "testing mode"
- avoid the confirmation dialog on exit
- avoid being influenced by the user's registry
- avoid polluting the user's registry
- other follow ups from project week discussions
- 3D Widgets
- Oblique slice plane specifier?
- Disambiguating "picking" with mouse
The "next" EM Segmenter
- Registration (rigid and non-rigid; modules to create statistical atlases)
- DTI (visualize; advanced queries; rendering performance, Runge-Kutta, etc.)
- Interactive editing
command line modules
- passing mrml scenes back and forth
- To MIDAS and other database repositories
- rpm, deb
- na-mic kit available via standard linux distribution sites?
- visual studio 8 issues
- other topics from project week
- where do we want to be 7 years from now?
- what is the state of medical image computing likely to be?
- what is the state of computing likely to be?
wiki 2 web and download site
- perl script translation
- counting downloads
- integrated license agreement
Confirmed (please add your name so we can keep count to estimate room size etc):
- Steve, Ron, Nicole, Katie, Will, Dan, Jim, Alex, Old Bill, Sebastien, Zack, Dave Cole