From NAMIC Wiki
(Redirected from Algorithm:MGH:FreeSurferNumericalRecipiesReplacement)
Home < Algorithm:MGH:FreeSurferNumericalRecipiesReplacement
Back to MGH Algorithms
FreeSurfer Numerical Recipies Replacement
Our objective is to replace algorithms using proprietary numerical recipes in FreeSurfer in efforts to open source FreeSurfer.
- 12 numerical recipes replaced with open source alternatives, mainly using VXL.
- 14 unit tests run nightly.
- Use case: 'Unit tests pass with all replacements.'
- Difficulty: Medium-High
- Impact: High
- Write test cases for each algorithm (Snyder, Jen): done
- Identify replacements (Snyder, Jen): done
- Integrate required libraries into FreeSurfer build process (Snyder, Jen): done
- Iteratively replace recipes with substitutes and run tests (Snyder, Jen): done