From NAMIC Wiki
Home < CTSC:ARRA.053111
Back to CTSC:ARRA supplement
Back to CTSC:ARRA supplement
Harvard Catalyst Medical Informatics group Meeting Minutes May 31, 2011
- Bill Wang
- Chris Herrick
- Steve Pieper
- Shawn Murphy
- Vincent Roch
- Randy Gollub
- Yong Gao
- Kathy Andriole (phone)
- Bill Tellier (phone)
- Paul Lamonica (phone)
- Bill Hanlon (phone)
- Alex Zeitsev (phone)
mi2b2 software update
- mi2b2 Version 5 has been deployed at MGH. It is WORKING! Vincent has been able to query for and retrieve the image data for the baby brain project on his own without Bill's direct intervention.
- Next step is to get Ron Kikinis's project to use the mi2b2 Workbench to query and retrieve from the BWH PACS. They will increase study staff to facilitate movement.
- Dave has pretty much finished the UI and encryption programming. He is finalizing the ImageJ thumbnail generation for the encrypted files.
- Task management and cache management are the next projects.
- Task management: we initiate DICOM move but sometimes the server will only listen for a certain time then stop. Right now it is one process, we initiate the request, wait for response (5 minutes), and wait for images. It is sometimes difficult to know if it is an error and images will not come or if one should wait longer. Future: move and wait for will be separated.
- Cache management: cache limit per project.
- One issue to be resolved is MGH medical record numbers are numbers, like 4, while RPDR stores strings like "000004" (related to the customizations and project management issues discussed below).
- BWH servers to be installed "very soon"
- Paul will install the new mi2b2 version 5 at CHB soon; but first the development team will finish the upgrade instructions.
- Next big step is to design and execute the i2b2 administration design to allow site specific customizations (e.g. PACS interaction rules). In i2b2, the Project Management cell (PM) is the place where different modules can be "customized" for any parameter that can be specified with a triplet attribute (e.g. mi2b2/numzero/"8" ) on a single line. These parameters can be configured per project or per user or per user/project by including them in one of three different tables. If a parameter pertains to the overall module, it is called a hive parameter. This might be possible to work with...
- Then the install, design, messaging and tutorial material for deployment is the final step to develop.
- Still waiting for BIRN supplement funding to be arranged. If it works out, then the other goal is to work on the XNAT - mi2b2 integration. Will catch up with the XNAT team at the SIIM conference this week.
mi2b2 Enabled Pediatric Neuroradiological Decision Support
- Grant is in very final steps of submission. Thanks to everyone for their contributions. Will keep you posted.