From NAMIC Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Home < CTSC.TTIC.minutes.070108

Action Items (details in text):

  1. Update your site’s imaging resources on wiki for next meeting- if not yet done
  2. Inventory your site’s imaging education on wiki

Harvard Translational Imaging Consortium Meeting Minutes July 1, 2008

In Attendance (all by phone):

  • Gordon Williams, from BWH
  • Clare Tempany, from BWH
  • Bill Hanlon, from MGH
  • Annick D. Van den Abbeele, from DFCI
  • Jeff Yap, from DFCI
  • Robert Lenkinski, from BIDMC
  • Randy Gollub, from MGH

1. Development of Consultation Service Randy reported our plan for Annick (working with Clare and others at the DFCI and BWH) to lead the development of our CTSC Consultation service to the CTSC leadership (Laura Weisel and Steve Freedman). They requested that our Consortium include in our Consultation Service plan details of how we would set our rates, what we would bill for, what the money would be used for. Harvard CTSC leadership will then be responsible for convening a gathering of the leaders of these parallel efforts from Biostatistics, Genomics and other domains to hash out a single CTSC-wide business model. The CTSC Administration will then be responsible for implementation and support so that we can stay focused on delivery of service. Our goals are to be sure that we identify costs associated with anticipated workload, match that to available resources and plan to capture sufficient income to cover costs above our current operating budget.

2. Educational Offerings Discussion of Randy’s proposed nanocourse on use of Slicer 3 targeted to the Radiology community was helpful in that it generated amendments to make it more interactive so that participants will use their own laptops to download the software and image data and perform the workshop. Randy also reported the positive impact on GCRC Imaging Core activity of her annual or semi-annual presentations to the Martinos Imaging Community about what services were available and highlighting on-going protocols. Others offered ideas of educational content they had available to share (I couldn’t write fast enough to capture them accurately). Bob Lenkinski noted the importance of identifying our target audience for all offerings, noting that not all image analysis methods that are used for one body system (e.g. brain) are appropriate for others (e.g. body). Group consensus was that if CTSC leadership is willing to be responsible for all the technical details and costs of doing high- tech teaching (e.g. simul-cast audio/video presentations) we are all for it. There was further spirited discussion that led to a suggestion by Gordon that we conceive of an overview of the next year’s worth of educational offerings that systematically deliver what we think is the most important content. We agreed to circulate a blank template (posted on wiki- see below) into which each of us will inventory our available materials and catalogue ongoing speaker series (e.g BI Mondays) or other educational opportunities. We will have 2 weeks to complete this and circulate to each other and then use upcoming T-con to draft our Master Education Strategy.

3. Collaborative response to Harvard wide Technology White Paper Bruce reported (via Randy) that his efforts to connect with this group’s leadership have not yet been successful. He is still trying.

4.Curation of Site resources Bill Hanlon and Jeff Yap have made the first contributions towards this effort (material is posted on our wiki- see below). Please update your site’s hardware/software resources so we can use that information to most efficiently discuss ideas about what if any efforts we want to make regarding image acquisition and analysis infrastructure. Bob Lenkinski suggested that propagation of specialized MRI pulse sequences (e.g. the Arterial Spin Labeling being done by David Alsop (sp?) at BIDMC) might be useful to the broader community. We agreed to put this on the agenda as soon as our inventories are complete.

5. Regulatory Issues Randy reported to the group that the CTSC Regulatory Program has just hired Sabune Winkler as the new CTSC Director of Regulatory Affairs Operations. She will be our key liaison to that group for ensuring that our proposals are in compliance. Annick mentioned the value of having help in negotiating difficult IP issues that slow down the ability to port image acquisition sequences across institution and wondered if she would be helpful with this sort of problem. Randy will invite her to join one of our future meetings so we can learn the answer to this and other questions.

6. Face to face meeting dates set for most sites Randy will host the first one July 8th at the Martinos Center (message with directions already circulated). Bob Lenkinski will host the next one on August 5th at BIDMC. Clare Tempany will host the November 4th meeting. Bill Hanlon is checking with Gordon Harris about having Oct. 7th be a day to demonstrate the TIMC. We will cancel September 2nd (day after Labor day and before school starts) and December 2nd (RSNA). Still to be determined are visits to Children’s and new DFCI facility. Erin will kindly assist us in setting these future meetings up.

7. Communication tools There was general interest in starting to work immediately with the support of a wiki. Randy offered (after Clare obtained permission from Ron Kikinis, which was quickly granted) to begin our work hosted by NAMIC on their wiki. Here is the link to our home page with links to all our work done thus far: http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/Collaboration:Harvard_CTSC And here is the link (http://www.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php?title=Special:Userlogin) to request an account so that you can log in and edit our pages. Instructions for help editing on the wiki is available on line (see NAMIC home page) or ask Randy for help.

The group requests that an email distribution list be generated for our Consortium (Randy will convey this to the CTSC leadership).

Back to Collaboration:Harvard_CTSC