Projects/Structural/2007 Project Week Nonrigid Groupwise Registration
- MIT: Serdar K Balci, Polina Golland, Lilla Zollei, Sandy Wells
- Kitware: Luis Ibanez
We extended a previously demonstrated entropy based groupwise registration method to include a free-form deformation model based on B-splines.
The objective in groupwise registration is to bring subjects in a population into joint alignment in order to establish correspondences among anatomical structures.
- Implement a non-rigid groupwise registration method
- Joint alignment of images
- Minimize sum of univariate entropies
- Efficient implementation using multi-threaded classes.
- B-splines as the non-rigid deformation model
- Optimize ITK's B-Spline implementation by computing jacobian field locally
- Extended ITK's pairwise registration framework to groupwise registration
- To compare groupwise registration to pairwise approaches
- Implemented a template based method where every subject is registered to the mean image using sum of squared differences.
Our project is already implemented in ITK, in this workshop we achieved to