2008 IGT Project Week RF Ablation System
Back to 2008_IGT_Project_Week#Projects
Team: Haiying Liu, Ziv Yaniv, Noby Hata, Paul Morrison
Goals: Create navigated RFA workflow based slicer module with stubs for all procedure steps:
- Load CT data set.
- Segment the volume using a semi-automatic approach (liver, tumor, ribs, blood vessels).
- Manually denote regions as one of:
- Entry region
- No touch - RFA probe cannot pass or ablate this region.
- No pass - RFA probe cannot pass through this region but can ablate.
- Export segmentation to planning module via text file.
- Import plan into Slicer.
- Manually localize fiducials.
- Start IGSTK based tracking process.
- Localize fiducials on patient and perform rigid registration.
- Navigation GUI.
Approach: Implement during IGT and NAMIC project weeks.
Results: Summary by Noby Hata
- Preliminary work toward addition of OpenIGTLink support in IGSTK. To be released in Feb 2009, at SPIE Medical Imaging
- Concurrent release of IGSTK book in SPIE meeting. Junichi was offered to write a chapter on OpenIGTLink. Noby offered to come to SPIE to present the book chapter. The meeting will be held in Orlando, FL in February 2009.
Detailed description of work done
- Created an application and code to acquire tracking data
- Uses xml files to configure tracker type and configuration (specifying tools).
- Supports all tracking devices currently supported by IGSTK.
- Support broadcasting (specific request from Noby's colleagues in Japan).
- Currently program is command line and receives as input the xml file. Will work on a GUI for users that do not work with command line.
- Completed architecure for the RF ablation system.
- Completed workflow design for the system.