2009 Summer Project Week Multimodal SPL Brain Atlas
- BWH: Ion-Florin Talos, Michael Halle, Wendy Plesniak
- GE: Jim Miller
To explore ways of linking the image data of the SPL multi-modal brain atlas (label maps, 3D-models) with ontological information on brain morphology and function
- continue work on XML-based intermediate data representation that supports anatomical hierarchies and can describe arbitrary overlapping image regions
- application integration of the new XML-based data representation (3D-Slicer)
- discussion of automated testing for atlas segmentation
- discussion of integration of FMA with atlas
- met with interested users from the larger community to discuss project concepts and possible use cases
- discussed collaboraton opportunities
- will have followup engineering meeting with GE next week
1. Talos IF, Rubin DL, Halle M, Musen MA, Kikinis R. A prototype symbolic model of canonical functional neuroanatomy of the motor system. J Biomed Inform. 2008 Apr;41(2):251-263.
2. Rubin DL, Talos IF, Halle M, Musen MA, Kikinis R. Computational neuroanatomy: ontology-based representation of neural components and connectivity. BMC Bioinformatics 2009; 10(Suppl 2):S3.