2011 Summer Project Week Contouring Gyne Structures
Project Title: Contouring of Anatomy Structures like Tumor, Bladder, Rectum and Sigmoid for Gynecological Brachytherapy
- BWH: Tina Kapur, Akila Viswanathan, Andriy Fedorov, Jim Miller, Steve Pieper, Demian Wasserman
- University Hospital of Marburg: Jan Egger
This project aims to support the time consuming manual slice by slice segmentation process of contouring the anatomy structures for Gynecological Brachytherapy. Therefore (semi-)automated segmentation tools under the medical platform 3D Slicer are used to extract the anatomy structures like tumor, bladder, rectum and sigmoid. Furthermore, we want to evaluate the segmentation results achieved with the tools from 3D Slicer by using the manual segmentations.
For evaluation, we expect that we will be able to use the contours extracted by physicians with the Nucletron Oncentra Planning System.
- Used Grow-Cut Segmentation in Slicer.
- Slicer Grow Cut Segmentation Movie
- Not able to read Oncentra Gyn contours in Slicer yet. Task is in progress in collaboration with Firdaus Janoos and Greg Sharp.
- Gynecologic Radiation Therapy: Novel Approaches to Image-Guidance and Management. Akila N. Viswanathan, Christian Kirisits, Beth E. Erickson, and Richard Pötter. Springer. ISBN-13: 978-3540689546
The results will be provided as a technical report.