2011 Summer Project Week Wireless Joystick
From NAMIC Wiki
Home < 2011 Summer Project Week Wireless Joystick
Wireless Sterilizable Joystick Controlling Medical Software and Devices
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology EPFL, Lausanne: Szymon Kostrzewski, Charles Baur
- Present the device and establish contact with people working in various domains (surgeons, radiologists, developers etc.),
- Verify if there is a need for such a device,
- Precise the specifications.
- Presentation during the OpenIGTLink session (Thursday 06/23),
- Working demo,
- Talking with oter attendees.
- Code co-development.
- Presentation and hands-on demos,
- Information and contacts: segmentation, registration, tracking and certification
- Roadmap for Slicer integration in the Neuroglide robotic system.
- "Wireless interaction device for surgeon / OR environment", European Patent Application EP 11160342.9, EPO 2011
This work can be used with the NAMIC Kit as a Slicer4 scripted module together with the wireless joystick.