2012 Summer Project Week:LongitudinalPETCTModule
- University of Heidelberg: Paul Mercea
- SPL: Paul Mercea, Andriy Fedorov, Ron Kikinis
- University of Iowa: Christian Bauer, Reinhard Beichel, Markus Van Tol
We are developing a loadable Slicer module which can be used for analysis of longitudinal PET/CT follow up examination image series. The focus is especially on maximizing the usability of the graphic user interface in order to make the whole process of selection and registeration of (multiple) image series, definition of regions of interests and evaluation of the results as accessible as possible.
1. Defining the constraints for this module (e.g. possibility of automatic CT-CT or PET-CT image registration, support of non PET/CT image series, etc.)
2. Creating and evaluating mockups for the graphic user interface.
3. Implementation of the module based on the results of the previous steps.
Discussed the initial mockups and compared steps of the workflow with other PET/CT analysis related project. Started to work on a "clickable" demo application based on some improvement decision taken at project week. We also made a request for a OHLC-plot extension to the available plot types in Slicer.
This work will be delivered to the NA-MIC Kit as a (please select the appropriate options by noting YES against them below)
- Slicer Module
- Extension -- loadable
- Opensource tool used for GUI prototyping: Pencil