2013 Summer Project Week:Airway Inspector Porting
- BWH: Raul San Jose, Demian Wassermann, Rola Harmouche, James Ross
Airway Inspector (www.airwayinspector.org) is a tool for CT-based image quantitative analysis of the lung to allow the exploration of airway morphology and desitometric characteristics . Airway Inspector is based on Slicer2.
Port the capabilities of Airway Inspector to Slicer4.
This goal will be achieved by creating extension module with two components:
- Emphysema Analysis Sub-Module
- Port Chest structure segmentation using VTK
- Creation of loadable module
- Airway Analysis Sub-Module
- Port airway measurement VTK classes
- Creation of a loadable module
The main libraries for lung and airway wall segmentation tools have been developed using C++ and VTK and have been validated and used in multiple clinical works.
We have created an extension to support this porting. We have developed two CLI to support the emphysema analsyis sub-module. A scripted python module is under development to encapsulate the logic.
The Airway Analysis Sub-module still is in the design phase.
This work will be delivered to the NA-MIC Kit as a
- Slicer Module
- Extension — loadable modules
- San Jose Estepar R, Washko GG, Silverman EK, Reilly JJ, Kikinis R, Westin CF. Airway inspector: An open source application for lung morphometry. In First International Workshop on Pulmonary Image Processing. New York City, USA, 2008;293-302. Available on-line: www.lulu.com/content/3507981.