2013 Summer Project Week:PerkTutorExtension
From NAMIC Wiki
Home < 2013 Summer Project Week:PerkTutorExtension
- Queen's University: Matthew Holden, Tamas Ungi
Perk Tutor is an extension that is used for recording trajectories of tracked tools, and use the trajectory to give feedback for learning interventions, and to evaluate the trainee's performance.
Transform Recorder module records the trajectories, Workflow Segmentation analyses them, and Perk Evaluator computes motion metrics of trajectories.
Our plan for the project week is to create a MRML representation of the trajectories to be shared between modules.
- Talk to people who have been working with time series data.
- Implement chosen method.
- Joined time hierarchy discussion; use time hierarchy to represent tool trajectories
- Tested adding transform nodes to time hierarchy
- Need batch processing in time hierarchy to add nodes at desired frame rate
- TransformRecorder and WorkflowSegmentation modules use common interface for interacting with trajectories
This work will be delivered to the NA-MIC Kit as a (please select the appropriate options by noting YES against them below)
- ITK Module
- Slicer Module
- Extension -- commandline
- Extension -- loadable YES
- Other (Please specify)
- Ungi T, Sargent D, Moult E, Lasso A, Pinter C, McGraw RC, Fichtinger G. Perk Tutor: an open-source training platform for ultrasound-guided needle insertions. IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2012 Dec;59(12):3475-81.
- Moult E, Ungi T, Welch M, Lu J, McGraw RC, Fichtinger G. Ultrasound-guided facet joint injection training using Perk Tutor. Int J Comput Assist Radiol Surg. 2013 Jan 18.