2013 Summer Project Week:Ultrasound Calibration
- BWH: Matthew Toews, Daniel Kostro, William Wells, Isaiah Norton
- Queen's University: Tamas Ungi
- Kitware: Stephen Aylward
The goal of this project is to develop 2D ultrasound technology for image-guided procedures.
Specifically, we focus on ultrasound image processing techniques that can operate in a complementary fashion with external probe tracking systems. For instance, to achieve 3D reconstruction and online visualization in the context of image-guided neurosurgery, where calibrated or tracked ultrasound may not be available.
- Develop code (C++) for trackerless ultrasound feature matching and associated applications
- 3D reconstruction
- Online visualization / navigation
- Port to a Slicer module
- Testing algorithms on US data provided by PLUS, Tamas.
- External build of nlopt library for Slicer (Thank you jc)
- Developed algorithm and c++ code for trackerless US plane localization
- Developed slicer module for trackerless US plane localization
- Code and slicer module
- A writeup of developments/results for future publications.