2014 Summer Project Week:Cortical Dysplasia Identification
From NAMIC Wiki
Home < 2014 Summer Project Week:Cortical Dysplasia Identification
- Luiz Murta
- Emylin Sousa
- Tina Kapur
- Ron Kikinis
- Find, construct and validate tools to investigate the presence and location of the epileptogenic focus through analysis of: cortical thickness, texture patterns.
- Investigates image registration as computational tool to compare pre and post MRI in epilepsy surgery.
- Structure and tissue segmentation of cortex.
- Cortical thickness evaluation, grey matter texture analysis.
- Pre and post surgical MRI registration, localization of resection.
- Gray matter segmentation using expectation-maximization (EMS) algorithm has shown accuracy and robustness in cortical dysplasia data.
- Started understanding and adapting existing code (ARCTIC) to estimate thickness. (with the help of Clement Vachet and Marcel Prastawa)
- Scripted module for registration between pre- and post-surgical volumes and quadratic difference volume computation to highlight resection. (Almost done, thanks for help from Jim Miller and Steve Pieper)