2015 Summer Project Week:Tracheal Stent Planning
From NAMIC Wiki
Home < 2015 Summer Project Week:Tracheal Stent Planning
- Raul San Jose, Jorge Onieva (Brigham and Women's Hospital)
- George Cheng (Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center)
Different tracheal malformation (tracheobronchial malacia) and neck cancers with tumors invading the airway require the implantation of tracheal stent (T-tubes or Y-stents) to keep the airway opened.
- Develop a tracheal stent planning tool to fit T-tubes and Y-stent
- Implement a minimization problem to fit a parameterized model of the stent to the patient tracheal model using constrained points provided by the user
- Build a module to interact with the user and show the stent fitting results and the model parameters.