From NAMIC Wiki
Home < AHM 2006:ProjectsEMAutomatedMosaicingAndTracking
Automated mosaicking and feature tracking in Electron Microscopy data
- Develop a set of tools for automated assembly of electron microscopy mosaic composed of hundreds of high resolution (4000x4000) image tiles.
- Develop a set of tools for automated registration of assembled mosaics (slices) into a volume.
- Develop an application for user-guided feature tracking and annotation within a volume.
- The prototype mosaicking toolkit has been successfully tested on automated assembly of a mosaic of 12 high resolution (3000x4000) EM images.
- Automated image cropper used to correct for rotation errors and to remove image borders (relies on strong assumptions on image structure).
- Fast mosaic layout estimator using correlation in the Fourier domain.
- Mosaic refinement tool used to correct for optical and mechanical warping in the mosaic image tiles via a 2D bivariate polynomial transform.
- A tool for assembling a mosaic for viewing from a set of images and corresponding transforms.
- Tolga Tasdizen - University of Utah
- Liz Jurrus - University of Utah
- Paul Koshevoy - University of Utah