From NAMIC Wiki
Home < AHM 2006:ProjectsSlicer3WebPresence
Project: Updating infrastructure to support Slicer 3's web presence.
- Create a central location for downloading Slicer 3 executables, sample data, as well as Slicer 2 archives
- Point users to a single url or have an automatic download process, for the correct version, os, etc: slicer.org/Downloads
- Set up a NA-MIC server to host slicer.org
- Move the domain hosting information on namesdirect, remove virtual domain on splweb.bwh.harvard.edu
- Set up mailing lists for email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, etc.
- UPDATE: slicer.org content is also being served (with nightly cron job updates) from na-mic.org/Slicer/Doc
- Need scriptable uploads via scp or http
- Changes to tarup.tcl so that time stamped directories are used, but the archive is -nightly so that it will overwrite the last nightly build in the nightly upload directory
- DONE, source source Scripts/tarup.tcl from the tkcon and then run tarup nightly to do an upload via curl to the appropriate place in na-mic.org/Slicer/Download
- Need download tracking - scripts? Bug 186 [Statistics]
- Set up a Slicer wiki to host the FAQ and other dynamic items currently hosted statically on slicer.org, and to consolidate wiki items currently hosted on the NA-MIC wiki.
- On the slicer.org server or linked in to the namic wiki?
- Domain aliasing so that wiki.slicer.org is the same thing as wiki.na-mic.org/Slicer?
- Create a central location to host the license agreement page, for users and developers Bug 187
- DONE Create a central location to sign up to request write access to the CVS repository (so can capture license agreement from developers) Bug 188 CVS write access request
- Continue to support nightly dynamic documentation generation from the code
- Possibly set up a gallery to show off Slicer scenes, with links to data to recreate them
- License form
- NA-MIC wiki being used to host information about various releases, ie Slicer:Slicer2.4_Building
- CVS Web on splweb
- Refer to the functionality of other packages with a centralised automatic download method:
Test Data: N/A.
- Nicole Aucoin - BWH
- Andy Cedilnik - Kitware