CMF Workshop Cleveland 2012
This 3D software workshop for Open-source 3D Image Analysis in Dentistry is part of the Joint Cephalometric Experts Group 2012 that will be held from Wednesday, November 14-16, 2012 .
- November 14, 2012 TBD 1pm - 5pm
12pm - 1pm Help and check software installations
1pm - 1.15pm Welcome
1.15pm - 1.45pm Beatriz Paniagua: Updates in Open Source Developments NAMIC Slides
1.45pm - 2.15pm Tung Nguyen: Registration and Superimposition techniques
2.15pm - 2.30pm Lucia Cevidanes: Updates in 3D Craniofacial research Slides
2.30pm - 5pm Open Discussion -- 1 on 1 with participants to help address their research questions
Workshop will be held in the Bolton Brush Growth Study Center located on the third floor of the School of Dental Medicine, in the Case Western Reserve University campus, Cleveland (OH).
JCEG2012 will take place in the Bolton Brush Conference Room DO3150. This workshop will be offered in the Enlow-Gould Room from 1-5pm. Enlow-Gould is the main seminar room for the Orthodontic Department and is located off the Orthodontics Clinic on the ground floor.
- Lucia Cevidanes, Ph.D. DDS, University of Michigan
- Tung Nguyen, DDS, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Beatriz Paniagua, Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine, Cleveland (OH). Mark Hans, DDS, MSD
- The registration for the workshop must be made in the Joint Cephalometric Experts Group 2012 website.
Preparation for the workshop
The workshop combines oral presentations and 1 to 1 instructor-led open discussion session with the participants working on their own laptop computers with their own research data. All participants are required to come with their own laptop computer with the software installed and their own datasets loaded prior to the event. A minimum of 1 GB of RAM (4 GB is better) and a graphic accelerator with 64mb (512MB is better) of on-board graphic memory are required. Shared memory graphics boards have significantly poorer performance.
- ITKsnap - Semi-automatic segmentation tool and visualization
- 3DSlicer - Visualization and analysis tool
- Imagine - Registration tool (Download also ImaginePipelines)
- Intensity Segmenter - Intensity Segmenter v2 (Download also the example Range File)
- Participant Form for Open Discussion portion of the Workshop
- Download - Please return filled and completed at beatriz_paniagua[at]med.unc.edu by Monday November 12th, 12pm EST
- Cleveland Workshop 2011 Materials
- Neuroimaging Informatics Tools and Resources Clearinghouse (NITRC)
- SPHARM-PDM publications in PubMed
- Slicer user orientation
- Slicer tutorials
Participants are invited to join the Slicer user and Slicer developer community prior to the workshop, for questions and feature requests related to the software. For questions related to the Slicer community, please send an e-mail to Sonia Pujol (spujol[at]bwh.harvard.edu)
For questions related to the workshop, please send an e-mail to Lucia Cevidanes (cevidanl[at]dentistry.unc.edu), Beatriz Paniagua (beatriz_paniagua[at]med.unc.edu) or Tung Nguyen (nguyentu[at]dentistry.unc.edu).
Slicer3 Training Survey
Click here to take the Slicer3 Training Survey
- A. Ghoneima
- A. Mellion
- M. Lagravere
- A. Font Rytzner
- F. Samad
- S. Taher
- K. Gladstone
- F. Aljarki
- D. Knock
- C. Caballero
- K. Miyashita