Back to CTSC:ARRA supplement
i2b2 to XNAT to DICOM architecture and workflow
Harvard Catalyst Medical Informatics group Meeting Minutes February 2, 2010
- Valerie Humblet
- Mike Mendis
- Shawn Murphy
- Mark Anderson
- Randy Gollub
- Yong Gao
- Wendy Plesniak
- Alex Zeitsev
- Charles McGow
- Dan Marcus
- Ron Kikinis
- Jesse Wei
- Steve Pieper
- Chris Herrick
1. Presentation of the project to the Senior Vice-Presidents.
- Shawn, Randy and Diane Keogh presented the mi2b2 project to the SVP of the different institutions and to Lee Nadler, PI of the Harvard Catalyst. They got a very positive response. The concept of adding medical images to the repository of i2b2 accessible information was uniformly agreed to have tremendous potential for positive impact on clinical translational research. This led naturally to discussion of how the project will be financially sustained after the ARRA supplement grant is finished. On the software side, STAR_D is another i2b2 cell and will be maintained in the i2b2 open source package. On the operation side, it will be worked out site by site. Diane Keogh had already begun the planning process for this for the Partners institutions. The Action Item from the meeting was for her to make contact with her peers at CHB and BIDMC to initiate this across all involved sites.
2. The group welcomed Chris Herrick.
- Chris will be the project lead architect, working closely with Steve who is the lead scientist.
- The people they will interact directly with from the different institutions are:
- BWH: Ramin Khorasani
- MGH: Keith Dreyer and Tom Schultz
- BIDMC: Jesse Wei
- CHB: Bill Telier and Paul Lamonica
3. Phantoms for mi2b2 test PACS system
- Mark loaded a couple of phantoms from BWH. The process was very easy. None of the phantoms had accession numbers.
- Jesse has phantoms from BIDMC, each has the name of a real doctor as referring physician - a field that is not included in HIPAA restrictions- it is only the patient data that are sensitive. He will try to load them.
- Paul has some test images form CHB, they usually are calibration images. He will upload them in our dcm4chee system.
4. PACS conformance statements
- Mark got the statement for GE.
- Jesse also got the statement for the BIDMC system.
- Valerie will collect them all and put them in xythos.