From NAMIC Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
Home < CTSC:ARRA.040610

Back to CTSC:ARRA supplement


  • Implementation of retrieve portion of mi2b2 - hardware solutions
  • Progress update

Harvard Catalyst Medical Informatics group Meeting Minutes April 6, 2010

In attendance:

  • Shawn Murphy
  • Kathy Andriole (phone)
  • Ron Kikinis
  • Wendy Plesniak
  • Alex Zeitsev (phone)
  • Randy Gollub
  • Chris Herrick
  • Bill Telier
  • Steve Pieper
  • Yong Gao
  • Dan Marcus (phone)
  • Paul Lamonica
  • Jesse Wei
  • Mark Anderson (phone)
  • Darren Sack

Meeting Minutes

  1. Shawn and team brought Kathy up to speed on project progress and plans for next development phase that requires each site to stand up a server to communicate between the i2b2 STAR-D software and the local PACS. Server that is connected to the internet, inside firewall, supports JBoss. Can be Linux or Windows.
  2. Chris Herrick reported on his team's progress over the past week; started by repeating last week's information. Chris's i2b2 STAR-D team will be ready with prototype demo software to deploy at first site in 2-3 weeks. Chris will visit each site to actually do the installation with the site's team.
  3. Each site anted up how long to have server in place. (CHB) Paul and Bill will talk to Charles, but think they might be ready now! (BIDMC) Jesse is planning to apply for use of server equipment centrally (Windows 7) will need sign off from Radiology. He estimates that it will take ~ month to be ready. (BWH) Kathy is likely to go WindowsXP given that she will place an order, will need specs from Chris, see Action Item below. (MGH) Darren is still in discussion with his team, but will likely be WindowsXP.
  4. Ron suggests that we articulate our Security Policy in a written form. And that we ensure that are fully compliant with it. (encrypt development server laptops?; what ports are used; )
  5. Ron also suggests that we articulate a "Level of Service" statement for the package. (include who pays what costs?)(what we offer to users)(what we offer to Department hosts, what we expect from them) May need to be staged. Now in development phase, business hours with 2 day turnaround is fine, when it is enterprise, that is not likely. We need power. Replacements within 2 days. Who to contact if there is a problem. Protocols for problems, (FAQ page).

Action Items

  1. Chris will post "Minimum Specs" for server
  2. Randy, Chris & Shawn to outline draft Security Policy to review for next meeting
  3. Use next meeting to outline Level of Service document together