Back to CTSC:ARRA supplement
Harvard Catalyst Medical Informatics group Meeting Minutes May 10, 2011
- Bill Wang
- Chris Herrick
- Steve Pieper
- Vincent Roch
- Bill Tellier
- Randy Gollub
- Charles McGow
- Alex Zeitsev
- Darren Sack
- Paul Lamonica (phone)
- Kathy Andriole (phone)
- Dan Ginsberg (special guest attendee - CHB software engineer in Dr. Grant's group)
mi2b2 software update
- BIG NEWS! Mi2b2 is up and running at BIDMC thanks to the hard work of Bill and Jesse. Query and retrieve functions are working smoothly.
- mi2b2 Version 5 development is focused on adding MRN validation to the auditing capabilities.
- Chris has a final quote for BWH HP machine, now approved by Kathy and is now dealing with final questions about disk space management (SAN) with Research Computing.
- Dave continues to work on the encryption phase that is required for the step where we pass data from the mi2b2 share to the users secure disk space.
"mi2b2 Enabled Pediatric Neuroradiological Decision Support"
For Aim 3 of the grant our solution will generate a web based tool that works in a manner similar to the CPOE, dictated reports and Hermes Medical systems image analysis software support; basically it is integrated with the PACS. Based on the PACS DICOM query and retrieve functions enabled for a single IP address to send the data to a single AE receiver. Tool for passing control along with user, permissions, exam context, exam information (accession numbers) etc. This will be compatible with the PACS at each site.
- Dan Ginsberg's group integrates the CHB PACS with their OSIRIX based image management and analysis software systems. He gave demo of the system. His main point of contact with the CHB IT is Tom Brand.
- The team continued our discussion of the detailed architecture for the final delivery of the mi2b2 Radiology Decision Support Workbench as it would live within the participating Departments of Radiology as an option available to the practicing radiologists.