From NAMIC Wiki
Home < CTSC:ARRA.081611
Back to CTSC:ARRA supplement
Back to CTSC:ARRA supplement
Harvard Catalyst Medical Informatics group Meeting Minutes August 16, 2011
- Bill Wang
- David Wang
- Shawn Murphy
- Vincent Roch
- Randy Gollub
- Valerie Humblet
- Steve Pieper
- Alex Zeitsev (phone)
mi2b2 software update
- Bill reports that mi2b2 Version 6 is now deployed in connection to the BWH PACS using the production server set up originally for use at MGH. It now does not at all interact with the MGH PACS. He ran a "Test" study first using dummy scans that ran perfectly. The Kikinis/Pieper brain MRI MS data got their RPDR database this week, but unfortunately, was delivered as de-identified and as such is missing the MRNs. Shawn coached Steve as to how to resubmit his request to get them. Once Steve has them, he will send to Bill the list of MRNs, IRB approval protocol number, expiration date so he can generate a customized mi2b2 Workbench that he will send to Steve.
- Still to be developed is the update to RPDR to add a check box for investigators to request DICOM files which will automatically trigger the generation of a mi2b2 web client that will be sent to the investigator with the rest of the data files.
- Dave has been steadily updating the training materials for mi2b2 and posting them to our wiki page. The basic training overview is done, and now he will tackle small, focused training videos on specific topics.
- Dave has just started working on the development of the Mac based mi2b2 Workbench.
- With Jon Bickel's help and using information provided by Ellen Grant who worked with Chuck Hornberger in Radiology to generate a list of eligible studies, we have now obtained all the Radiology Reports and other clinical data to advance the mi2b2 Baby Brain project forward at CHB.
- Bill connected Jon Bickel with Paul Lamonica to move mi2b2 Version 6 server deployment forward at CHB. We will wait to hear from them on the next step, but this is very important for the overall project.
- We are still waiting for the BWH servers to be deployed. They have been ordered but have not yet arrived.
- We discussed ideas for future maintenance strategies such as assimilating into existing infrastructure at each institution (e.g. RPDR) or getting more grants.
It is now time to (this is to kick ourselves in the butt to get this done):
- As part of the deployment of mi2b2, we could include a pre-configured pointer to a publicly available data set running on a third party DICOM server (e.g. DICOMserver.co.uk) or one of our own.
- plan peer reviewed article(s); choose target journal(s); Journal of Digital Imaging (JDI) is one option (Impact factor is 1.4) with later manuscript more focused on applications such as Baby Brain project.
- schedule next presentation to Advisory Board. Shawn suggests doing this 3 times, once each for Partners, BIDMC and CHB. At each meeting invite the mi2b2 leaders, Advisory Board members and representative SVPs from each institution. Site leaders to help do the organization. Randy will work on this.
The following components are next on the production list:
- Installation guide
- Messaging guide (for integration with other i2b2 cells)
- User & Project Manager documentation (including how to query the RPDR/i2b2 Access database to the MRNs and accession numbers)
- Administrator (top level across all projects) documentation (e.g. SQL query to retrieve audit logs, access information)