Back to CTSC:ARRA supplement
Harvard Catalyst Medical Informatics group Meeting Minutes October 18, 2011
- Bill Wang
- Chris Herrick
- David Wang
- Shawn Murphy
- Randy Gollub
- Darren Sack
- Jayashree Kalpathy
- Nandan Patibandla
- Bill Hanlon
- Valerie Humblet (phone)
- Jesse Wei (phone)
- Kathy Andriole (phone)
Partners Advisory Board Meeting this afternoon
At the Prudential. Focus is on update of current capabilities, what will be to users in the near future. Randy and Steve will send Shawn slides to illustrate current IRB approved mi2b2 projects. Reviewed details of Steve and Ron's project so we are ready to present more details.
mi2b2 software/hardware update
- The second set of production servers for Partners is now "racked" and is being connected to the system. Progress is expected in the next weeks. We are looking into funds to replace missing test server at BWH site. Note there was no PHI on the missing server.
- Dave has developed an improved workflow to address issues related to failures during the download step. He has divided each request for a long list of MRN/accession numbers that are sent for C-find into sets of three so that if anyone fails, only a those three will be marked as failed. At the end of the whole command the user will get back a report with successes, failures and missing data along with links to resubmit request for failed downloads.
- Jesse is running into additional technical hurdles trying to use his mac mini since it is running the Lion OSX, since there is no Oracle Express Lion version which is necessary for the PM module. He is leaning back towards the VMware version.
Baby brain project
- Valerie attended Ellen Grant's lab meeting last week to present her update on the mi2b2 clinical database mining efforts. There is strong interest in pushing this project forward as fast as possible- they would like data soon enough to generate a meeting abstract by mid-November. Valerie is working on setting up a meeting with the CHB mi2b2 team members (Nandan and Jon Bickel) and Ellen Grant's lab team to work out a plan for how to move mi2b2 development forward at the CHB.
- Ellen's junior faculty fellow, Katyucia de Macedo Rodrigues, won one of the Department of Radiology Research Awards (along with $500) for her poster "The impact of maximum turning angle in different deterministic tractography algorithms applied in pediatric populations" that used data obtained through the mi2b2 project.
Radiology Decision Support Workflow in Reading Room
- Randy raised the idea of initiating some effort towards developing the technology proposed in the R01 grant's Project 3. Agreed that in principal it is worthwhile to pursue this and need to identify the best driving biological project be it baby brains and/or other. Group will look for most appropriate examples in addition to the baby brain project.