Back to CTSC:ARRA supplement
- Update on Phase 2/3 mi2b2 software
- BIRN -- mi2b2 integration
Harvard Catalyst Medical Informatics group Meeting Minutes October 19, 2010
- Bill Wang
- Chris Herrick
- Shawn Murphy
- Randy Gollub
- Steve Pieper
- Yong Gao
- Charles McGow
- Steve Pieper
- Alex Zeitsev
- Darren Sack
- Mark Anderson (phone)
- Bill Hanlon (phone)
mi2b2 software update
- Phase 3 is being tested, but is limited now by number and size of test images. Darren offered to assist in identifying a broad range of medical image types: modalities (e.g. MRI, PET, CT, ultrasound), study types (e.g. diffusion, angiogram), body parts (e.g. brain, heart, prostate), ages of patients (e.g. neonate, child, adult). He will meet with Chris and Bill to do this, with Vincent helping as needed. Also, Vincent will help by identifying additional subjects from the approved IRBs to do patient driven queries.
- Darren got quotes for Dell servers with 1TB storage for upgrading the MGH site. Chris is reviewing the quotes and will send his approval for which to use for this for the Phase 3 installation. Plan is to buy two of them so we have the full dev/text and production environment.
- Charles asked whether the virtual environment at CHB will be used.
- Will continue to maintain our cloud computing environment to be used during the Phase 4 development when we are doing the mi2b2 - XNAT integration.
mi2b2 - BIRN meeting report
CTSC Informatics meeting (Kesselman was present for awhile as Informatics head of the CTSI) talked to Steve Pieper
Updated and in sync over mission of mi2b2. Mike D'Arcy presented their Java tool that takes the DICOM header information and puts it into a table. Similar to what XNAT does. The BIRN supports a federated SQL thing that is interesting to i2b2. BIRN can help by building a distributed query tool that builds on the i2b2 style pivot table. Question for Dan or Tim, Can the REST API for XNAT pass in the structured SQL query language?