From NAMIC Wiki
Home < CTSC:ARRA.112211
Back to CTSC:ARRA supplement
Back to CTSC:ARRA supplement
Harvard Catalyst Medical Informatics group Meeting Minutes November 22, 2011
- Bill Wang
- Chris Herrick
- Shawn Murphy
- Randy Gollub
- Darren Sack
- Nandan Patibandla
- Steve Pieper
- Valerie Humblet
- Kathy Andriole
- Site strategy
- The mi2b2 instance at CHB site has been deployed. They have 2 new people that will be working on the mi2b2 project.
- There a now 2 BWH servers: a development one and a production one.
- For Steve's project: they have received the new version of mi2b2 client server workbench who batches queries to the PACS but have not tested has time to test it yet.
- Bill was able to cut the time out problem with the server.
- Dave and Bill were able to pull out cardiac US data from the MGH PACS, view them and send them to a server on the Partners network.
- Now in RPDR there is a new section called Radiology where one can find codes (so far only for MGH, BWH is in project). It makes the search more efficient
- Jesse got his mini MAC server, he is looking into options to configure it for mi2b2.
- It is time to move the meeting minutes to the mi2b2 wiki which is a confluence wiki. It has spaces that allow to assign space to a group so they can manage their subsection. It works really well with Microsoft, so you can import a formated word or excel document, it works well. There is also a sophisticated navigation tree. With NAMIC wiki, we have a lot of pages but not everything needs to be exported, Randy (as the project manager) will see how much she wants to export regarding attendance to the meetings etc. Chris and Randy will go through the material that describes the development of the project and choose want to move to the community wiki. Randy will make a history page and then clean up the NAMIC wiki.
- At RSNA is someone has questions about mi2b2, we can point them to the mi2b2 wiki.
- Kathy is chairing a new committee for RSNA working on medical informatics tools for academics and pharmaceuticals companies. She is wondering if she should mention mi2b2 to the group to see if it generates interest. Shawn agreed and mentioned that i2b2 might be a very good solution. The mi2b2 group will take about it again on the January 17 meeting.
- The release is dependent on a few QA things but the software itself is ready for release.
- Now we have to worry about the license. It is easier to put it on the i2b2 license because it is vetted by the lawyers. Everybody agreed that it is the best solution.
- The install document has to be tested again by doing a bare bone install by an user that has never seen mi2b2 before. It will be an i2b2 QA person.
- Shawn has been working with Carl Kesselman and Dan Marcus on that part.
- We can enable XNAT by simply allowing t to export DICOM. XNAT has already something built to do that.
- The grant needs more technical information on how to get the radiology decision tools to the community, how to survey people's satisfaction, estimate what the impact of using this new tool has.