From NAMIC Wiki
Home < Event:2011-04-23-Roadtrip-Japan
Roadtrip to Japan
- April 25: Presentation at Shiga University of Medical Sciences (Prof. Morikawa), Ōtsu, Shiga Prefecture, Japan,
- Approximately 50 audience. Half of the participants were Engineering professors and their students from nearby Ritsumeikan University. Two engineering professor decided to attend the workshop in Hiroshima after the talk. Shiga university has been operating MR/T (0.5T open-configuration MRI scanner, and has an interest to install new IGT theater similar to AMIGO.
- April 26: Presentation at Kiushu University (Prof. Hashizume), Fukuoka City, Fukuoka Prefecture
- Dr. Kikinis was welcomed by investigators of Kyusyu University with great enthusiasm. Kyusyu University has been actively using Slicer for their IGT research. Again two investigators from Kyusyu University, including a neurosurgeon, decided to attend the Hiroshima event after hearing Dr. Kikini's talk.
- April 27: Slicer and OpenIGTLink Hands-on Training, Hiroshima, Japan
- 19 participants from diverse backgrounds attended the workshop. The workshop was lead by local engineering faculty familiar with Slicer and Dr. Hata. The workshop was sponsored by a company. The participants also included Shimazu which is interested in using Slicer for their product prototyping.
- April 28: Presentation at Tokyo University (Profs. Dohi, Sakuma), Bunkyo Ward, Tokyo
- April 29: Plenary session talk at the 50th Annual Conference of Japanese Society for Medical and Biological Engineering, Tokyo Denki University, Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo
- approximately 600+ audience.