The 3D Slicer Training @ ICM event will provide researchers of the Pitie Salpetriere Hospital an overview of the main functionalities of the latest release version of the Slicer4.8.1. software platform
- Sonia Pujol, Ph.D., Director of Training, 3D Slicer Brigham and Women's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
- Sara-Fernandez Vidal, PhD, ICM
- Eric Bardinet, PhD, ICM
- Date: Wednesday, May 30, 2018
- Location: Room 1-2, Brain and Spine Institute, Pitie Salpetriere Hospital, Paris, France
- 9:15-9:30: Pre-workshop session - Software and Data Installation
Morning Session (9:30 –12:30)
- 9:30:9:45: Introduction / Workshop goal
- 9:45:10:30: The 3D Slicer for Medical Imaging Research : History and General introduction
- 10:30:11:00: Examples of clinical research applications developed by the Slicer community
- 11:00-11:30: Coffee-break
- 11:30-12:30: Hands-on session: DICOM data loading and visualization in Slicer
Lunch break 12:30– 14: 00
Afternoon Session (14:00 – 17:30)
- 14:00-14:45: Hands-on session: Image registration (BRAINS module)
- 14:45-15:30: Hands-on session: Data saving and MRML scene creation
- 15:30-16:00: Coffee-break
- 16:00-16:30: Slicer@ICM (stereotaxy software suite)
- 16:30-17:00: Discussion and concluding remarks
Pre-requisites : basics of medical imaging.
Space is limited and pre-registration is required. To register for the workshop, please fill the registration form.
Preparation for the Workshop
The workshop combines oral presentations and instructor-led hands-on sessions with the participants working on their own laptop computers. A technical training staff will be providing one-to-one assistance as needed. All participants are required to come with their own computer and install the software and data provided at the links below.. A minimum of 2 GB of RAM and a dedicated graphics accelerator with 64mb of onboard graphics memory are required.
Please complete the following items prior to the workshop.
- Software installation Please install the Slicer4.8.1 stable release (revision 26813) appropriate to the computer you will be bringing to the workshop.
- Data installation Please install the DICOM dataset, 3D Visualization dataset and Registration dataset.
Back to NA-MIC Events