Projects/Slicer3/2007 Project Week Display Optimization
From NAMIC Wiki
Home < Projects < Slicer3 < 2007 Project Week Display Optimization
- SPL: Raimundo Sierra, David Gobbi, Steve Pieper
Improving the performance of slicer display
- doing the resample to a 'native' size for the input volume and then upsampling to screen size still sounds best.
- using a vtkImageActor in the vtkSlicerSliceViewer (instead of the current vtkImageMapper and vtkActor2D) is likely to be faster, and can do the upsample needed in step (1),
- using a vtkImageActor for the slice model in the vtkSlicerViewer will bypass the power-of-2 resampling in vtkTexture that gives the artifacts I hate
- David thinks we should be able to use the existing functions of vtkImageReslice to get the background mask. He didn't thing having a two-output filter was a good idea based on his experience with the way the vtk pipeline executes.
- Implemented filter with aditional output, significantly faster rendering of slices
- Integrated building of alpha mask into one filter in form of a derived class from vtkReslice -> avoids multiple iterations through dataset
- TODO: integrate map to color and map to window level