From NAMIC Wiki
Home < Projects:ARRA:miAnnotation:Feedback
- 1 Feedback from Ron 08/24/11
Feedback from Ron 08/24/11
- in general: Ron is very pleased with the top-level things
The Text Dilemma
- problem: annotations are obstructing the images: this should NOT be the case
- fonts ugly
- text gets in the way of things you want to see
- different direction needed: show information in left bottom corner
- two kinds of information
- software wants to show information (push)
- user requests information (pull)
- in viewers: minimal information
- in bottom left corner of Slicer GUI: medium details
- somewhere else (in the annotation module): full details
- cdash example: way of not to do it -> important information is covered by annotations
- ohloh example: good example -> first minimal, then under cursor more details when probing
- two kinds of information
- assign names (F1,F2,F3 for Fiducials, M1,M2,M3 for measurements, R1,R2 for ROI... ) and descriptions
- name appears in viewers
- description in bottom lower left on roll-over in viewers
- in annotation module: full details: Name, description, options
General Changes (Target for RSNA release)
- take everything out which does not work properly (except for critical functionality)
Targeting the Text Dilemma
- name+description in bottom lower left (Steve)
- possible problem: mouse over event on vtk widgets might not be easily realizable. Plan C could be a query mechanism, where the user requests this information through a keystroke or such (if annotation detail is not available we will only show slice information and add annotation detail later).
in viewers only name(Nicole)
- one letter naming checked in to svn 17837.
- using name instead of text checked into svn 17889.
Slim down the Annotation Module
get rid of text annotation
- get rid of bidimensional annotation
just three annotation types: fiducials, measurements (ruler), ROIs
- done in svn 17835
ruler: ticks only in 2D, every centimeter, can be turned off(Alex)
- For now, turn off ticks in both 2D and 3D (Alex)
- Later, fix zooming in 2D, only have long (major) ticks at 1cm.
- Later, change to spheres for ticks (at 1cm) in 3D
handles for all annotations zooming behavior: should be like Slicer3(Alex)
- ROI needs a name in the future: requires infrastructure change (not for RSNA) (Alex)
- Later: don't turn off ruler visibility when endpoints are outside the viewport
Coordinate issues(Daniel) Fiducials and Rulers show up in all slice views when they shouldn't Fiducials and Rulers 'jump' on mouse over
- fixed in rev. 18042
Qt GUI Changes
- property dialog re-design
for RSNA: change default tab in property box: point tab for Fiducial, Ruler; ROI tab for ROI(Daniel) sliders in fiducial properties jumps weird: should have dynamic range or 0..20 for the beginning(Nicole) - fix checked in to svn 17904
- size presets: medium is actual size, small and large presets (Nicole)
- property linking between elements of widgets so that the user has to change colors at one location
GUI: Qt Widgets(Daniel) (WIP uploaded to SVN 17896 and 17898)
- MRML: DisplayNode changes (Nicole) to be done post-RSNA
- add a button to change colour for all elements of an annotation (Nicole)
hotspot icons for ruler placement: new icons on wendy's todo list(Wendy and Nicole) svn 17993.
second eye should be removed(Nicole) - svn 18041. allow display/editing of node names(Nicole) - svn 18041.
remove Create Panel(Daniel) replace by toolbar - do we really want to have the toolbar 2x? No!(Daniel) view transform in the toolbar: should be cancel(Daniel)
- add a key (maybe ctrl) to have it pause mode (TODO later - now just option to cancel).
screenshots and sceneviews go into toolbar(Nicole) take out advanced panel(svn rev. 17835)
- changes related to linking properties (Jim)
- fiducial list, so that saving many fiducials do not creates so many files (Nicole)
- not creating a new node, will look at options to consolidate the fiducial files and support transforms of hierarchies of fiducials
Performance and Stability
- Testing (Nicole)
add multiple fiducials, ROIs, rulers for timing
- test named py_AnnotationsTestingAddManyFiducials (adds 20 fids) added in svn 17892. Memory leaks causes test to fail on dashboard.
- tests named py_AnnotationsTestingAddManyRulers and py_AnnotationsTestingAddManyROIs added in svn 17900. ROIs leaking even more than Fids and Rulers.
- (Steve) Run tests on mac to profile where time is spent
- Volume Rendering multiple renders when fiducials are present (may be inherent in the widgets) (?) (Will + Julien)
- Fixing why the annotations lead to slowdowns
- Fix random crashes (all)
- Undo/Redo - disable all GUI appearances of undo/redo. (Alex)